About the RWB Stephens Prize Competition
Elsevier, the publisher of the journal Ultrasonics, will again sponsor the RWB Stephens Prizes at the 2023 ICU BEIJING to be held in BEIJING, China. This competition honors the memory of Professor RWB Stephens (1902-1990) who was active in starting the Ultrasonic International (UI) conferences, and who contributed greatly to their success. During his lifetime, he was recognized as a great teacher who taught and inspired generations of students in acoustics and ultrasonics.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the presenters of up to five of the most outstanding papers (oral or poster) presented at the 2023 ICU BEIJING by a student or recent graduate (if the paper is based on the presenter's dissertation research) as determined by a panel of distinguished judges covering a broad diversity of ultrasonics topics. The chair of the Prize Committee is Prof Emeritus Wolfgang Sachse of Cornell University who was actively engaged with the ICU conferences as well as the journal Ultrasonics for many years.
All entrants for the RWB Stephens Prizes should complete their application as follows:
1. Send a note of intent to apply by August 1, 2023, via an e-mail to the Conference Organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org);
2. Be a registered participant at the 2023 ICU BEIJING Registration desk by noon on Sunday, September 17th.
When applying please include the following information:
1. Name of the entrant
2. Title of the Paper
3. Conference Paper Number
4. Mentor or Faculty Advisor
5. School or university where the research was carried out
6. Date of diploma/degree or expected completion date
The total prize money is 1500 EUR. The awards will be announced at the conference Closing Ceremony on Thursday, September 21st.
For further information please contact Prof Sachse (email@example.com).